Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SCRIPPLE SOUP








Everyone has a favorite food. It could be a something you just had at holiday time or for Sunday dinner. The aroma alone can bring back a flood of memories.
If we are lucky, a recipe was passed down to you and you can still enjoy the flavors that brought you joy as a child.

I am lucky indeed to still have my mom living 1/2 block away. She is still the greatest chef I know, and even if I cook the same exact thing .. her version always taste better to me.

She prepares a soup from the Abruzzi region of Italy.
It is a simple soup but time consuming to make. Therefore it as always served during the holiday.. whether it be Easter of Christmas, or Thanksgiving for that matter. Scripples made an appearance on our dinner table.
If we were lucky we could request it for our birthdays.I want to share this wonderful, simple, delicious recipe.It is not hard to make but it does take some time. It is a very thin egg crepe that is served ladled with hot chicken broth. More yummy that I can even explain. I taught this recipe in one of my classes recently and everyone was surprised at how really very good it was!
I hope you give it a try!


SCRIPPLE SOUP
3 eggs
3 tbs. water
3 tbs. grated parmesan cheese
3 tbs. flour
salt
~combine in blender or food processor, ladle onto buttered small skillet, drain off extra, just coat the bottom of the pan,cook until set and flip to the other side for a minute, remove from pan and roll into log, cover with hot chicken broth and sprinkle with cheese to serve.

2 comments: