Saturday, June 4, 2011

A collection

I bless this day.

This is what I say to myself when I open my eyes in the morning and as I lay my head on the pillow at night.

Life is a collection, of years, months, days, minutes, seconds. Each and every moment is part of your whole life.

I start each early morning expecting a wonderful day, no matter what, I know in my heart it will be OK. I give thanks for a new day, a new beginning, a fresh start. A new day to enjoy and learn and be kind and be at peace. These are the things I think of when I open my eyes.

What is important today? that I get everything done that I need to? ~ yes but that's not all, I want to enjoy the day, have fun, feel and be loved. I want to make a difference in the world, a small difference maybe even just a smile instead of a grumpy thought, a compliment to someone not expecting it, a phone to a friend, time outside each day~ no matter what the weather.

I want to enjoy each day and be grateful for what I have and what I do.
I want to notice my life. I want to pay attention to what I pay attention to, what is important to me? I want to take moments and just let the stress and tightness of the day melt from my body.

Try it~ wherever you are just~ stop... and start to relax each part of your body. Your shoulders go down, your jaw unclench, you back loosens up, you legs and feet feel heavy, you let all thought run out of your body, melt away. Try to do it a few times a day. Pause from the normal busy life and give your self a few minutes break. It is wonderful.

At the end of each day as I take my shower and get ready for bed, the thoughts of my day are running through my mind. I am thankful for each and every thing. I try to learn from my mistakes and I am grateful for all the people that came into my life.

I bless this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment