Friday, July 23, 2010

Summertime

Well it sure is summer out there.
I can tell by not only the oppressive heat but the streets are empty... it is vacation time!

This time of year I always start to think of Christmas, call me crazy but it is just around the corner.

It is a time of year for me to gather ideas for cooking classes and new menus and plan my fall culinary tours.

I take out a fresh new pad of paper and keep it with me, jotting down idea as they come, going through magazines & tearing out little bits of interest. Planning & scheming, getting ready for my favorite time of year~ Autumn.

This year is a bit different for me. I am still up in the air about timing for the operation and the chemo to follow. When I think about planning, my heart sinks. I can't make plans!

Every year Clint & I head to Anguilla. We love it on that tiny Island, the peace & quiet, the beautiful beaches, the warm friendly people. Most of all we love the fact that there is nothing to do. Other than relax!!! In the past it has been a time for me to read & open my mind & heart to what I can't see when I am busy!

This year I will be in Anguilla with something else on my mind & in my heart. So I am looking forward to opening myself up to heal & be strong and totally relaxed and ready for what is in store for me when I get back.

I have a weeks worth of tests & doctors appointments the day after we get back. The waiting will be over and I will begin the next step.

I am optimistic about the next step. I am ready and I am strong.

I am also excited to get away from all that is surrounding me here & now and hear the waves & watch the sunset and drink a Margarita too!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I found your blog on the Anguilla Alert for today. I don't know when you are coming to Anguilla, I live here full time but when you come if you want to take time out from "relaxing", I would love to have you over for dinner, we do a lot of the same things and I think you would enjoy seeing our outdoor pizza oven and new tandoor. I also write books, children's books but I am currently working on an outdoor cook book.
    Here is my blog, I would really enjoy meeting you and your husband.
    Regards
    Jo-Anne Mason
    http://pizzaontherocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete