Monday, November 15, 2010

A Gift

Today is my 56th birthday. I woke up early to a foggy and misty beautiful fall day. I am determined to enjoy each second of this day. I had a rough weekend, not feeling good, in bed all day yesterday, the norm for me lately~ sick and tired.

Today is a new day, a day for me a day to look back over my life and know that I truly lived it the way I wanted to, with love, laughter, family and food in each and every day. I am so grateful as I look back and know that I really don't have any regrets. Not to say that there are times I would like to forget, but guess what? I let them go in a bubble out into the universe.


Today I am in the moment, enjoying all my birthday wishes, enjoying the love and prayer and good wishes that surround me~THANK YOU!!!

I am overwhelmed reading all your emails and cards and birthday wishes. It is truly a Happy Day for me.
This morning as I meditated (just closing my eyes)and thinking good thoughts. I gave myself a present... the present of love and hope and healing and strength that I will need this upcoming year. I wished myself a good and fulfilling journey accompanied by all of the people who are in my life. This is a difficult journey but I am not alone. That is a true gift.

I do believe in my heart that I will be OK, that I will survive, that I will get through this. I will be cooking and catering and doing my cooking classes and trips with love and laughter and good food. I will be, once again with all of you and as you now inspire me I hope to be an inspiration to you too, that life is meant to be lived here and now, with gusto and a huge spirit of love and giving.

So thank you for all your support and love. I feel it everyday. Yes, I will enjoy this day. My request to my family was a simple celebration of pizza and cake surrounded by my family, in my home among all of the things that are important to me. My pizza dinner is tonight. I can't wait!!

Love and laughter is my wish for you too!
I love all of you! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

PS... this is a picture BEFORE I lost my hair, I will post the pizza celebration picture tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy that pizza, Susan!! Have the happiest of birthdays surrounded by your family this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday pizza sounds wonderful!
    Watch out for the hot cheese and make sure you blow out every one of those candles, my friend!
    Happy Birthday and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan, Happy Birthday. You are truly a special person to be able to reflect on what's most important during a difficult time. Your pizza night with your family sounds so special and I know they will make it so special for you. You do have many arms wrapped around you helping you through each day and I for one cannot wait to attend a cooking class and maybe even join you in your next trip to Italy. Warmest regards, Kathy Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the happiest of Birthdays and much Love and Laughter to you too!

    I know you'll enjoy your pizza with your family as you do everything in life.

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Susan. I hope you are well enough to enjoy your special day.
    I appreciate your sharing your journey with us and continue to be amazed at your strength and courage; you are truly an inspiration to us all!
    Fondly, BJD

    ReplyDelete