Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Infusion Day

I am headed down to JEFF this morning at 7AM for my scheduled infusion. I have such mixed emotions today, I know I need to go and I have to go to get better but I really don't want to go. The infusion center tries to make it as pleasant as possible but there is no getting around that they will access the port and start dripping these meds in my veins. I am not happy about that.

I woke up early to try to prepare myself mentally for this long day. For some reason I am emotional today, I will get through this, I know but on the other hand I am resistant to this, I guess it is normal. who the heck wants to be given all these drugs and then be sick for over a week?? not me and that's for sure!

I have been feeling pretty good since the last infusion the day before Thanksgiving, a day or two feeling lousy here and there for no apparent reason, but over all pretty good. I guess that is why I am reluctant to go, I don't want to feel sick, I don't want to spend a week in bed.

Well, I just have to take a deep breath and get dressed and do what I have to do and know I will be OK.
So here's to my day, send me some love and good thoughts, I need them today!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you all day... !

    And for some (odd, strange.. ?!) reason, after reading your blog, this song came in my head... probably because you are the upbeat & positive person I have ever met.


    "Next time you're found, with your chin on the ground
    There a lot to be learned, so look around

    Just what makes that little old ant
    Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
    Anyone knows an ant, can't
    Move a rubber tree plant

    But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
    He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

    So any time you're gettin' low
    'stead of lettin' go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

    When troubles call, and your back's to the wall
    There a lot to be learned, that wall could fall

    Once there was a silly old ram
    Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
    No one could make that ram, scram
    He kept buttin' that dam

    but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
    He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

    So any time you're feelin' bad
    'stead of feelin' sad
    Just remember that ram
    Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

    All problems just a toy balloon
    They'll be bursted soon
    They're just bound to go pop

    Oops there goes another problem kerplop
    Oops, there goes another problem kerplop
    Oops, there goes another problem kerplop
    Kerplop!"

    Peace to you Susan,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the Warrior Goddess, preparing to do battle against alien mutant cells! They are no match for you. You are fierce, brave and strong, and you can conquer anything. Go forth and conquer, my courageous friend! May the Force be with you--our positive thoughts and love go with you today and always.
    XO Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and good thoughts constantly flowing from here Susan. I was out all day and just now logged on to FB and saw your post.

    I hope this infusion doesn't rock the boat too much for you... I'll be praying for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been thinking of you today...I hope you have an easier time this week ! You are one tough cookie Susan ! Love you, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your chin up and be your positive self. You are an inspiration to many. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete