Monday, December 27, 2010

Wonderful Christmas!!!


I woke up on Christmas eve morning feeling like myself!

Wow that was just in time, I have been feeling bad for almost 3 weeks! but this morning was different. I woke up early, made myself a cup of coffee and went into my VooDoo room at about 5 am.
I knew this day would be different than the past 3 weeks, I was ready for Christmas. the tree was up and trains were running, the presents were wrapped and my family was bringing over dinner. Instead of me cooking this year they all volunteered to cook. My son Dominick and his wife came a few minutes early to fry the Flounder and Oysters. My sister dropped off wine, my daughter made the cutest Reindeer cupcakes ever. My sister in law and brother were bringing shrimp cocktail, my mom even made the Calamari and the Baccala. It was a feast in the true sense. It was going to be a wonderful family celebration and I was feeling good! What a great Christmas present for me!

We ate early because everyone was busy and of course I go to bed at 7 PM anymore! the kids were especially good and loved the train set, they took turns operating the trains and being the conductor... it was great fun to see them so excited.

This was my wish, to be surrounded by my family in the traditions that we have always had and to be supported and comforted by the sound of the grand kids laughing. I was feeling good and this was  wonderful present for me.

The next morning it was Christmas and we headed out to Dom and Carries for our traditional Christmas brunch, to see Finn and Gavin and have breakfast with Carrie's parents. It was perfect!
We left to get back home in time for a visit from both of Clint's daughters and Little Clint and Shelby were there too. We celebrated and had a wonderful visit with them.

Time for an afternoon nap and then off to Tina's for Christmas dinner with her in laws and my parents there it was a wonderful and joyous time!
This weekend with the snow and wind was perfect for just staying home and reading, both of which we did. It was a perfect holiday!

Tomorrow we head down to JEFF for my infusion. I am feeling good and I know in a couple of days I will be feeling sick again but you know what?~ I had such a wonderful Christmas that I will take this one day at a time and enjoy every second, sick or not!!!

I wish you all the joy of this season and I hope you are surrounded by love and light and an inspiration to enjoy each day of your life.
This Christmas was different for me but I enjoyed every second and I realize it is not about the presents or having a ton of money.. it is about family and friends and  memories and traditions. I had it all and I am so grateful!























1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled you had a wonderful holiday. I love the photos - Susan your beautiful smile just lights up the pictures.

    Merry, Merry Christmas. I'll be thinking of you as you have your next trip down to Jeff.

    ReplyDelete