Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SHOPPING WITH SUSAN

I woke up early to get ready. Clint left to pick up our 15 passenger van and I set out some small danish, fresh fruit and mimosas to nibble on while we awaited our shopping group.

This is my 7th year doing this and it is such a fun day.

My idea of Shopping with Susan came to me as I teach my cooking classes. Everyone is always so interested in where I do my marketing. I thought WOW what a great idea! I can take everyone with me to all the family run businesses I frequent and show them how wonderful and fresh and easy it is to cook with local ingredients from businesses who care about and know what they sell.

I patronize family run businesses because there are becoming a thing of the past. My saddest day was when I walked through a big store that sells clothes, appliances and ground meat!!! It makes me so sad. I know sometimes it is more convenient to shop at one big store but who do you ask for a recipe? who tells you how to prepare what you are buying and give you ideas on different ways to use it?
It is the personal touch that is missing.

















































We talk with the shop owners, sample their products, get ideas on cooking with the foods we buy and then finish with a wonderful, casual lunch before we head back home. It is a fun, laughter filled experience and one that you will always remember. These are places you will come back to again and again.

1 comment:

  1. When is the next Shopping with Susan. I love your classes and have heard this is a great experience?

    ReplyDelete