Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner Party Cooking Class

I whirled around the house on Friday in anticipation of my Hands on Cooking Class, the theme was "Dinner Party."

I had all my ingredients purchased and I assorted everything by recipe. Making a station for each recipe.
I had 12 on my guest list and as I folded the aprons and dishtowels I thought that this was going to be a fun night!
It was!
Each person came through my door excited to be here. A glass of wine to relax and then my instructions, as well as a tour of the kitchen and location of pots, pans, knives, pot holders and anything else I could think of that they would use. Peggy and Clint stood at the ready, anxious to lend a helping hand and do all the dirty pots and pans and dishes.  A hand on class is exactly the way it sounds, YOU prepare the food. Each couple took a different recipe and before I knew it there was a kind of bedlam in my home filled with laughter and fun!
We cut and trimmed and sauteed our way through the night and before we knew it our meal was ready. These people were good!!!! The food was displayed on  beautiful pottery and we ate on gorgeous antique china dishes and by candlelight.






























The food was brought out hot from my big oven and we sat around my big old table and enjoyed the fruits of out labor. It was great fun and everyone promised to comeback soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment