Monday, February 14, 2011

Doing what you Love

Well today is the third night in a row for my Hand's on Valentine's cooking class.

When I was first diagnosed last April, I temporarily stopped all my cooking classes. I wasn't sure how I would feel during my chemo. I made the right decision, cooking classes are a high energy experience for me. I just didn't have that kind of energy.

A few weeks ago I asked the oncologist for a break. I was getting sicker and sicker with these treatments, they told me this was cumulative and they weren't kidding! I needed some of my life back.

My Doctor made the decision to take me off of one of the more powerful drugs. I noticed a difference immediately!

So I decided to start some classes again. I was very excited with the response I received from so many of my clients. the classes filled almost immediately. I was thrilled but also just a little bit nervous... would I feel OK? could I still do this?

It is hard to make plans when you really don't know what to expect but I made up my mind to go with the flow, try to let the energy of the classes carry me through.

I gave myself more time to get ready and I planned my menu. The first set of classes was for Valentine's Day, it is a couple hands on cooking classes. It was so popular it went to 3 nights.  As I prepared for this I was very excited. I realize that I truly LOVE what I do. I couldn't wait for the evening to begin.

It would be the first time many of my clients would see me and I knew it could get emotional very fast. Clint even went out and bought 3 boxes of tissues!!!~ one for every night!!!!

Well we didn't need the tissues because each night so far brought hugs and kisses and warms wishes from everyone. My home was filled with love and laughter and good food! I was in heaven!

We cooked and laughed and had so much fun. The food was delicious and everyone had a great time including me! Tonight is the last night~ I did it three nights in a row of wonderful guests, lots of smiles and laughter and the promise of more cooking experiences to some.

It made me realize, today as I prep for the last class just how much I love what I do. My clients have become like my family to me. I love each and every one. So much love and support has come my way and I really do know that it is the reason I am going through this experience with a positive attitude. I have so much loving support. It keeps me strong and it keeps my life in perspecitvie.

I am living my life now, this moment, with clarity and love.

I will continue to do what I love as it helps me grow and keeps me grounded to what life is really all about.

Take a look at your life now~ what can you change to make it better. Do what you love, and the rest will follow!

I go down to JEFF tomorrow morning for my 10th chemo treatment, I will bring with me all the joy I have gotten these past three night of classes. It will make me strong. It will give me light and happiness and I can make plans for more cooking classes. I hope to see you in a class. You will learn some new recipes and have fun but most of all you will come away with a desire to LIVE, LAUGH , AND COOK!

3 comments:

  1. Susan, I am glad to read you are teaching your classes. I have taken your classes and it has change me in so many ways. Your classes are not just teaching about cooking and having fun with it, but life lessons. One way it has changed me, is not to take life for granted and to do it now, instead of waiting. I enjoy every moment with my family and friends, espeically my children who are growing up to be adults. I have tried things that I never thought I would, and I keep pushing myself outside of the box, which I have gotten to experiece so much about life and what I can do. Thank you for planting that seed in me, to help me be a better verision of me. Also to be a better cook. Keep what you are doing, Big Hugs, Jane Cyr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, so happy for you! I have taken a few of your classes and they were a wonderful experience. I continue to pray for you and enjoy the moment!

    Diane
    Garnet Valley, PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. ·

    *
    *
    *
    o
    Diane DiSantis Broomall I truly enjoyed reading your newest blog. I wish you well, and I am glad you are enjoying your life! :)
    o
    Eileen Pagnottelli Bradley Susan - we had the best time last night. Didn't know any of the other guests except Rita and Denis. Came out of there with another group of new friends. I can't wait to do this again. We love you!!!
    o
    Debbie Palmarino- Loy
    I look forward to reading your blogs each & every time. I loved this one! You are an inspiration! I pray for you & others everyday! Thank you Susan for keeping us all up to date! God Bless!
    Sunday is the Daytona 500..boogity, boogity..., boogity...lets go racing boys! ENJOY!See More

    o
    Shirley Hanzlik Caserta You and Clint look great, can't wait to see you next week at the girl's night out!

    o
    Lisa Doyle Canterino I am so glad everything is going well! I was wondering how you would make out :) I can't wait for class next week! Rest up now! Good luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you!

    o
    Patricia Farrell McKeown Bill and I enjoyed our evening with you beyond words. You are the most amazing woman we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Listening to your stories and life lessons as you taught us to cook made for an excellent Valentine's Day weekend. Keep us in mind for the Philly Tour. Thank you once again for sharing your talents with us. We can't wait to experiment on some of the recipes this weekend. Welcome Back!!!!!

    o
    Terry Doyle You go girl! Glad you're teaching, keep the faith, fun and food going!

    o
    Carol Jester LaPalomento We had a really good time Sunday night Susan. Lots of fun with such nice, interesting people. Great to see you and Clint. You look wonderful! Hope to see you again soon. Take care and stay strong.

    o
    Patty Warnick Henry Had a wonderful time last night and the food was excellent! You look great and it was so good to see you and Clint.

    o
    Nadia Di Bonaventura invece di dare conforto noi a te sei tu che ci aiuti che ci insegni a vivere che ci dai lezioni di vita! sei forte cugina mia ti voglio tanto bene e ti abbraccio forte forte

    o
    Fran Wayne We had a fabulous time with you Sat. night! It was so good to see you back in your element. The food was fabulous, the company was great, and we made some things again for Valentine's dinner last night with friends--they loved it! We want to go on the Philly shopping tour, so keep us posted! Big hugs.

    o
    Peggy McGarrity Upton I thought I would need some tissues, too! It was great getting back in the kitchen with you and Clint...everything is as it should be! XOXO

    ReplyDelete