Tuesday, February 8, 2011

People

Think about the people you have in your life, the friends and family that surround you, your co-workers, your neighbors. The people you see everyday and don't even think about. All of these people are contributing to your life as you know it.

You are surrounded by who you chose.

I always say that if there is someone in your life that drives you crazy, or makes you feel less than you are, someone who is draining on you, someone that doesn't make you feel good~ SEPARATE yourself from them!!!!! I know this is hard to do sometimes but it is necessary for your mental health!!

We all have these characters in our lives, some may be family members, the people that drive you crazy~  critical, always drama, always negative, always just a little bit nuts! I have plenty of these people in my family and in my life and I think you may too!

I have come to realize that much of what we do, how we think, how we act is influenced by the people who we surround ourselves with. Over the years I have come to know so many people.  Some helpful and caring and wonderful and some just can drive me crazy (family for the most part). I have a big dining table in every room in my house so that when we have family gatherings there is always somewhere to escape to!!!!

Life is full of adventure and I want my adventures to be full of laughter and love and good times. I stay away from TV except American Pickers~ I love that show! I try to keep negativity out of my life as much as possible.

I am finding that I am surrounded by wonderful, caring, good people. Someone to look up to, someone to aspire to, some are mentors and some are teachers. I am an open book for learning. I love to take an idea and try to make it work in my life.  I love the power of suggestion. I love to turn things into a positive experience as much as I can.

My friendships have grown over the past 10 months, people who were clients have become my comrades in arms, fighting this fight with me daily! I connected with so many new and old friends. I take the time to talk, to share, to embrace them as they embrace me during this sometime difficult time.
I realize how important they are in my life. How caring and giving and praying can help.

I have shared  breakfast and lunch and dinner with them. I open my door to receive cookies and cakes and soup and hot dinners. Flowers, cards, gifts some from people I haven't seen or heard from in ages. My family from across the ocean, in Italy. My cousins who send me e mails all in Italian( thank God for Translators on the computer!!) This is such a great gift, one I am so thankful for. One I treasure and this gift is one I will continue to give myself because I see the importance of people in my life!

Look around you at the people who are in your life, give thanks for the support and caring and just the everyday stuff like a wave from a neighbor, a smile to the checkout girl (I was one of those once!) .
When you see a grumpy or grouchy person, take a minute to realize you may not know what is going on in their life, and send them white light and love. It will come back to you when you need it most.

Know that you are not alone in this life. That you can make a difference with just a smile.

A smile is free and you can do it any time of the day so smile and it will make you and someone else happy!

4 comments:

  1. So true, so true! A good reminder that we really don't know all that someone else has to deal with so we shouldn't be so judgmental!!! (why is that sometimes so hard?) I am grateful for the times people overlooked my bad moods without demanding an explanation and for friends who tolerated silence and still came back when I was ready to be with them again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also live by these words. I have found life is way to short to surround yourself in negativity. It is a choice we all get to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely words to live by, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your words, they are such a wonderful gift to help me be a better person. Thank YOU!!!

    Jane Cyr

    ReplyDelete