Thursday, March 31, 2011

IMAGINATION

Imagination, Dreams, Daydreams, Wishes, these things have been on my mind.

I read somewhere that if you can imagine it to be true it can happen. I witnessed first hand how your imagination can make things happen. I spent 4 days in Disney with Tina and her family. While we were there we went to see a movie on Walt Disney.

His imagination created the fantasy world we were in. His dedication and perseverance created Disney World. He never gave up, time and again he lost his life savings but he had a dream and he followed that dream. Today it is hard to believe he created this Magical Kingdom where children and parents can come and be in a Fairyland. Somewhere you can forget your troubles and just be a kid.

I looked around me and saw his dream. I thought to myself, what separates him from me or anybody else for that matter? He had an imagination and he believed in his dreams. We all have that imagination, the ability to daydream and wish for our lives to be different.

We all have the same ability, to dream, to create, to wish for what it is we want our life to be. I came away energized to think that I can have a dream and my perseverance to follow it will make it come true. We create our life, we surround ourselves with the people we want in our lives. We chose our surroundings and our careers and our cars, our homes, our partners. Look around you... is your life the way you want it to be? do you have a dream? a wish? a desire? Notice what you pay attention to. Notice who and what is in your life. Think about the small changes you can make that will create a difference in your life.

I realized this week that I am in charge of my life, I need to take care of me and dream my dreams. I want to pay attention to what matters most to me.
On the plane ride home I took out a notebook and wrote somethings down that would make a difference in my life.

~To get up early and write
~To meditate or just sit in silence so I can hear the answers to my questions
~To stretch my body so I am not so tight
~To take a walk or get outside no matter what the weather
~To have a garden
~To let go of the little annoyances in life
~To let go of any guilt
~To stop and talk to people instead of rushing through my life
~To notice what and who matter to me
~To simplify my home, my office, my life in general
~To write daily and long term goals
~To make time to daydream

These are just some of the things I want to incorporate in my life. I want to live in the moment and enjoy all that is around me. I created my world and I want to enjoy it. No matter what the circumstance of my health are I am still living my life day by day, minute by minute and I do have some say in how I enjoy it!

Take some time for you~ make a list of what is important to you. Make a list of your wishes and dreams. Don't let life pass you by with busy~ness and clutter. Enjoy your life TODAY!
YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment